Global MBA Executive Option
Fall: June 1
Spring: December 1
Kean’s MBA in Global Management program is a specialized MBA degree program that prepares managers to succeed in a global business environment. It offers a wide and deep selection of global-focused courses, experiences, and training in global business issues. In addition, it has an extensive global experience requirement that sets it apart from other programs.
The MBA in Global Management program has six distinctive components that together provide graduates with the specialized knowledge and skills necessary to manage multicultural and multinational workforces effectively in a rapidly changing global business environment:
- Prequalification Requirement
- Core Knowledge in Key Business Disciplines
- Advanced Knowledge in Global Management
- Global Experience
- Specialized Area (optional)
- Global Business Simulation
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (lower GPAs will be considered based on strength of overall application)
- 3+ years of managerial work experience
- Two letters of recommendation (one from current supervisor)
- Professional Resume/CV
- Personal essay explaining candidate’s interest in the program
- Personal interview may be required
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for applicants whose native language is not English). Exceptions can be made for students who have completed at least 6 credits of college level English courses from a U.S. institution, or who have submitted SAT or ACT exam scores.
Students holding degrees in disciplines other than business management are encouraged to apply with the understanding that they may be required to successfully complete the undergraduate prerequisites before becoming fully matriculated in the MBA program in Global Management.
Before starting the graduate courses of the MBA in Global Management program, students have to fulfill the prequalification requirement. Students can either:
- Show that they took these, or similar courses, in their undergraduate studies and received at least a B grade, OR
- Take these courses at Kean University prior to starting the graduate courses. No credits towards the degree will be given. Students must pass these courses with a B or better grade.
- Between 42-60 credits depending on an applicant’s undergraduate and graduate coursework.